Description: Self-Firming Anticorrosion Wrap for Aboveground and Belowground Use
Wax-Tape® #2 wrap is a nonwoven, nonstitch bonded synthetic fabric, saturated with a blend of microcrystalline wax, solvents and corrosion inhibitors (no clay fillers), forming a tape wrapper that firms up and is suitable for painting.
- For application on aboveground and belowground metal surfaces, pipe or fittings to prevent corrosion. Excellent for use when abrasive blasting or painting is impractical. Resists weathering and UV without the need for an additional outercoat or outerwrap.
- Minimal surface preparation
- Readily conforms to irregular shapes
- Nontoxic, noncarcinogenic, contains low VOCs
- Resistant to corrosive industrial atmospheres
- Can be applied over wet surfaces
- Compatible with other coatings
- Tape firms up and does not require additional outercoat or outerwrap
- Excellent resistance to
weathering and UV
- Can be painted after firming up